Who is Comrade Amade Edime
Comrade Amade Edime is a public spirited activist He was born on the 11th of June. 1971 at ldah, ldah Local Government Area in the present Kogi State to a God~fearing family of Elder FA. Edime. Pa Edime (father) hails from Ajachaba Egume. in Dekina Local Government. His Mother. late Elder (Mrs) Abigail Melemu Edime (Nee) Obaje Onuche hailed from Apata-Ajaka in lgala Mela-Odolu Local Government. both in Kogi State. Amade is married to his heartthrob beauty and God-fearing wife, Mercy Edime of the Isah Idachaba family, Ajaka in Igala Mela/Odolu LGA of Kogi State. They are both blessed with four (4) children.
SCHOOLS ATTENDED AND CERTIFICATES OBTAINED
Harvard University. Boston. USA. (Certificate in Urban Humanitarian Emergency)
Delta State University, Abraka ( M.Sc Energy and Petroleum Economics)
Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University. Bauchi (PGD Finance Management)
Federal Polytechnic llaro. Ogun State (HND Civil Engineering)
Federal Polytechnic Idah. Kogi State (ND Civil Engineering)
Ochaja Boys Secondary School Ochaja (General Certificate of Education)
Qua lbo Primary School ldah ( Primary School Leaving Certificate)
VISION AND MISSION
VlSION: To prowde effective and value- driven leadership for the (gala/Bassa nation and thus give a leading socio- economic and political competitive edge to her among the comity of ethnic nationalities and geo-political expressions in Nigeria.
MISSION: To be the insuppressible voice of the lgala/Bassa nation as well as bridge the gap between the government and the people.
Hallmarks stand Edime out for the valuable senatorial representation from Kogt East at this politically competitive time of our national llfe. Describing the suitability of Edime for the Senate, a politician of note states thus: "When we talk about driving home a point in an argument on floors like the Nigerian Senate. Senator Dino Melaye is a child where folks like Amade Edime are talking. He will make us walk with our shoulders high if given that platform." The only senatorial district that has benefitted the most from the Federal government in Kogi State has been Kogi West The only voice so loud has been that ofthe West as well. Whether you call it Dino or Smart Adeyemi, their voice has been the loudest so they take more. But this time, the be will be raise higher with Edime's presence.
The fact is that, ifthere is any politician today from Kogi East who can freely mingle with the young and the old at all levels, regardless of their social backgrounds, Edime fits into that classification perfectly. Are you also looking for a young man who can multi-task without complaining of being bugged by 'poor peopie and their wahala'? Edime is a load-carrier who never gets tired.
If you have ever visited any politician in his office and he came out and walked past everyone in his waiting room wearing a long face. looking bothered that lgala people are always disturbing him, just know that that fellow does not have any business with holding public office. It’s not in the blood of some persons to do
WHAT HAS HE DONE?
1. Founder and Pioneer President of National Association of Polytechnic Students (NAPS)
2. Vice President-National Affairs, National Association of Nigeria Students (NANS)
3. President SUG. Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro Ogun State.
4. Clerk. Students Representative Assembly (SRA) Federal Polytechnic ldah
S. President, Engineering Students, Federal Polytechnic, ldah.
6. Pioneer President General, lgala Youth Forum (lYF) Nigeria.
7. Pioneer Senate President. lgala Students Association USA)
8. The award winner of lgala Cultural Development Association (ICDA) Meritorious Award, 2003
9. Chairman of Committee Constituted by His Royal Majesty. the late Atta lgala- Alhaji Dr Ali Obaje to resolve the Chieftaincy tussle in lgaliwo-Akpacha in Omala Local Government. That earned him the ONU-OGWU ATTA (OGAAAAAKU!!!)
10. His humanitarian services were extended to the palace of Onu Egume, His Royal Highness, Etila Ajeka through the building of a Town Hall. He was turbaned THE INALOWU ONU EGUME (DOOOOOOGA!!!)
1 1. Led a one-man protest and trekked all around lgala land from January 1 to January 14, year 2000 (14days) against arbitrary charges on students" WAEC fees payable and the exploitation of the coal in Okaba Coal Mines without any adherence to the Environmental impact Assessment of the exploitation on the community and the Corporate
Social Responsibility (CSR), Community Affairs. Health and Environmental Policies of the company. Consequently. each student was refunded the sum of One Thousand and Eight Hundred Naira only (N1.800.00) in Kogi East
12. Confronted security authorities and stopped the extortion of our people on market days round lgala land as the president of lgala Youth Forum (IYF).
13. His Company handled the Turn Around Maintenance (TAM) 2003 - 2005 of the Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company (KRPC) that employed over 120 Igala staff between 2003 and 2005.
14. Periodic intervention in the settlement of hospital bills for the poor and needy
15. Payment of WAEC Fees for innumerable indigent students.
16. Sponsored six persons to the USA, Canada and the UK, each with a Masters Degree. Four are still abroad. Only one is related to Ed ime by blood.
17. Facilitated the construction of 13-kilometer road from Egume through Ojikpadala Ojachagba - Ojuwo in Dekina LG and Ofakaga in Ofu LG through his humanitarian and philanthropic gestures.
18. Intervened and ensured that the Odolu Forest Reserve was duly returned to the Odolu people in Igala Mela/Odolu LG.
19. As SUG President at Ilaro Federal Poly, He agitated for an entire community to be linked to the National Grid of electricity and it was done. The feat prompted a High Chief, Pa Tunji Otegbeye and Papa General Olori to recommend Amade for a Chieftaincy Title in Yewa Land, Ogun State. He bagged THE ATU-LUSE OF ILARO
even at a tender age of 23.
20 Edime Hallat Ilaro Poly to honour his service to humanity
21. Special Adviser to the vaie Local Government Chairman on Youth and Community Affairs.
22. SpecialAssistant to Delta State Governor, James Onanefu Ibori 1999-2002
23. The State Parade Commander, NYSC Delta State 1998, Batch 8
24. Aspirant, Federal House of Representatives, Dekina/Bassa Federal Constituency, 2007.
25. Member Civil Society and Actively Participated in the revolution against the militaryjunta as a member of NADECO, Civil
WHAT CAN HE DO
. Effective representation
. Unparalleled Legislative Push
- Irresistible Advocacy
. Attracting Federal Government Presence to Kogi East
- Undivided attention to all
. Free and unrestricted access by all
. Taking humanitarian services to an unimaginable
CHIEFTAI NCY TITLES
1. The Onu-ngu Atta (Ogaaaaaku!!!)
2. The lnalowu Onu Egume (Dooooooga!!!)
I will neither build a bridge where there is no water nor construct underpinning where no swamp exists. But I will be the Voice of the Voiceless, uplift the weak, the downtrodden and defend our